Comprehensive Guide to Brazilian Butt Lift After Care
You’ve just had a BBL surgery and now read this comprehensive Brazilian Butt Lift after care guide to know what you’ll need for the first few days, weeks, and months.
Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
is a cosmetic surgery procedure that involves transferring fat from other areas of the body to the buttocks to enhance their shape and size. It is important to carefully follow the after care instructions provided by your surgeon to ensure proper healing and avoid complications.
How Long Does it Take to Heal From a BBL?
The healing process after a BBL can vary depending on a number of factors, including the individual’s overall health and the extent of the surgery. However, in general, it can takes about 6-8 weeks to heal for the swelling to go down and for the incisions to heal.
Most people are able to return to work and other normal activities within a few weeks, it’s important to follow your doctor’s instructions for post-surgery care to ensure the best possible healing process.
Some General Guidelines for BBL Aftercare
- Keep your incisions clean and dry. Your surgeon will provide specific instructions on how to clean and care for your incisions.
- Wear compression garments as instructed by your surgeon. These garments help to reduce swelling and support your new shape as you heal.
- Avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for the first few weeks after surgery. This can put pressure on your incisions and may cause damage to the fat grafts. Instead, use a BBL recovery pillow to support your weight.
- Avoid strenuous activities and heavy lifting for at least 6-8 weeks after surgery. This includes activities such as running, jogging, and weight lifting.
- Avoid exposing your incisions to the sun. UV rays can damage your skin and slow the healing process. Wear sunscreen and cover up your incisions when outdoors.
- Take any medications as prescribed by your surgeon. This may include pain medication, antibiotics, and other medications to help with healing.
- Attend all follow-up appointments with your surgeon. These appointments are important for monitoring your healing and ensuring that everything is progressing as expected.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet to support healing. This should include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and protein to help your body recover from surgery.
- Stay hydrated to support the healing process and maintain healthy skin.
- Avoid smoking or using tobacco products as they can interfere with the healing process and increase the risk of complications.
- Lymphatic massage can be a beneficial addition to your post-Brazilian Butt Lift treatment plan.
Following these guidelines can help ensure a smooth recovery after your BBL procedure. It is important to carefully follow your surgeon’s instructions and to contact them if you have any questions or concerns.